Somebody Called the Popos

New police clinic on Campus

On Friday 9 October and Thursday 14 October students will have access to Victoria’s Community Constable Baz Murfin on campus.

This service is a trial for a regular police clinic at Victoria University, which will take place fortnightly, on the second and fourth Thursday of each month in 2011 if it is successful.

The trial service, which is taking place between 12pm and 2pm in Meeting Room One of the Student Union Building, will give students the opportunity to ask questions or get information, or to report a theft, assault or lost property.

The trial service has been made possible as a result of Vice-Chancellor Pat Walsh signing a letter of agreement and VUWSA passing a motion to allow police presence on campus at their Initial General Meeting in May.

Otago University have a more permanent position for their Campus Cop, who has an office on campus which is open five days a week.

Students wanting more information or to arrange to meet Murfin at a different time can email him at Barry.Murfin@police.govt.nz