Student Assessment of Lecturers and Courses Available Online

Student evaluation forms actually count for something

Students will be able to access summaries of course feedback online, after a new Student Feedback on Teaching and Courses policy was approved by the Victoria University Academic Board.

The policy provides that annual summaries of responses to the core feedback questions for all courses evaluated will be available to staff and students through the university portal.

Also included will be appropriate general commentary on the interpretation of the feedback. A summary for a particular course will be replaced when a new evaluation for that course has been carried out.

VUWSA will also receive summary reports which will outline the overall teaching and course feedback by school and by Faculty, as well as for the whole university.

“VUWSA supported the development of the policy,” VUWSA President Max Hardy says.

“It will ensure better information is available to students and encourage better teaching practices. Placing an emphasis on quality academic learning and teaching is one of VUWSA’s most important goals,” he says.

“With the strategic direction of the University research-oriented, it is great to see measures focused on quality teaching being put in place.”

The VUWSA Alternative Student Guide is also out for students to peruse. Pick up a copy online.