An A-mew-sing Tail

A potential catastrophe has been averted this week, with the revelation that a wild cat on campus is actually being cared for by numerous self-described “mad cat ladies”.

Lady Pussyfoot, as the cat has been named, lives near the Mount St entrance to the cemetery. Last week, questions were raised as to her wellbeing beclaws of a photo of the cat which was posted on the Overheard @ Vic Facebook page.

Readers had been feline concerned that the cat remained in the same spot constantly, and that the cat may be underfed or unwell.

A student-led plan to capture the cat and take it to the Cats Protection League was put on paws after the cat ladies’ announcement. Victoria Alumni Relations Manager Jill Rogers became aware of the concern, and reassured fellow cat-lovers.

Ms Rogers has been feeding the cat for a “couple of years”, and now takes it in turns with another woman, identified as Marilyn and described as “another MCL (mad cat lady)”.

“I know she is still wild and we don’t own her, but [Marilyn] and I have taken her on as our pseudo-pet,” Rogers said.

Happy endings all around—except for Gareth Morgan.

1. Your silent cries left unheard
  2. How it Works: On the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill
  3. Is Vic Books Missing Out on the Living Wage Campaign?
  4. Jesus Christ Super-Nah, Saviour’s New Political Party May Need Miracle
  5. Issue 12 – Friendship
  6. SWAT: Friendship Column
  7. Inevitable Entanglement
  8. HOROSCOPE WEEK OF JUNE 3: FRIENDSHIP
  9. Liquid Knowledge: On Israel and Palestine
  10. An Ode to the Aunties