April 13, 2014 | by  | in Arts Music |

Interview – Kerosene Comic Book’s Skymning

Kerosene Comic Book is a collective of bedroom producers from around New Zealand, including Race Banyon, Career Girls, Totems, Skymning, Yvnalesca and Muirs. They’ve torn up the New Zealand electronic scene recently, dominating this years Camp A Low Hum and Chronophonium. I asked Skymning (real name Little Wayne) a few questions ahead of their 420 Eve show at Puppies this Saturday, and the release of their second 420 mixtape. Turn up.

How did the KCB start out?
I think the whole thing started out while Reuben (Totems) and Kieran (Kieran Tahir) were in High School as a kind of joke record label/a name to associate friends’ releases. We ended up all digging each others’ tunes and bouncing ideas off each other, but I think the first time we’d all been in one place together was last 420.

Is there a particular style or characteristic that *is* KCB?
Not necessarily any consistent style within the music (aside from the obvious bass-oriented electronic aspects), but I think the fact that we’re all in the same age bracket in the same country using the same music outlets and whatnot kind of keeps us together.

Other than the 420 tape, what else is in the release pipeline?
We’d designed and aimed to have some long-sleeves for sale at the 420 show, but I think we had a problem ordering the black shirts so there might only be enough for the fam. I think there are plans to put out a remix tape pretty soon. Race Banyon is in the process of getting wdamo 12″s made, I think, there’s a release party planned at Pups. Other than that I guess just everyone continuing with their individual music projects.