May 29, 2017 | by  | in Music |

GIG GUIDE

Thursday: Jed Parsons + Hans Pucket — There is no doubt that this night is gonna be full of eccentric pop bangers, with the mighty Hans Pucket coming in hot off of a wild Auckland tour last week. Be at the Third Eye at 7.30pm or be someone who probably has a perfectly fulfilling night at home.

Friday: Julia Deans solo set — If heartfelt and intimate serenading is what’s been missing in your life, then Julia Deans has the goods. She’ll be playing at the aptly named Poquito, from 8.00pm.

Saturday: Double NZ’s Refugee Quota Benefit Concert — This is a mad lineup making a positive contribution to one of the greatest humanitarian crises of our time, so you’d be a darn fool not to put your party pants on for this one! We’ve got a slice of exquisitely improper poetry from Wellington’s reigning empress Hera Lindsay Bird, some delightfully bizarre and quite possibly unsettling tunes from Orchestra of Spheres and The All-Seeing Hand, and some chill ass stoner rock from So Laid Back Country China. Get yourself to Meow at 8.00pm or risk social censure.

1. Accessibility: Teri O’Neill is Running for Council
  2. VUW’s Women are Fucking Good at Sport
  3. Research: Third of Tertiary Students Sexually Assaulted At University
  4. Battle Of The SECS’: VUW Failing Women In Tech
  5. Issue 15 – Feminism