March 19, 2018 | by  | in *News* News Splash |

First Years Readjust Ambitions, from Psychologist to Life Coach

There has been a 98% drop in the number of first year students majoring in Psychology after attending the first two lectures of Stats193.

A requirement for majoring in Psychology is the ability to analyse data and trends, but according to first-year resident at Te Puni, and former Psychology major Harry Benson, that’s “just a bit much”.

“Yeah nah I didn’t really know what I wanted to do at uni so I just put down Psych, but Stats is fucked, I’m switching to Philosophy,” Benson said.

The Heads of School for History, Philosophy, Political Science and International Relations has reported a massive influx of students from the Law and Architecture faculties this week.

Vic Books have reported making a “fucking killing” this year, selling PSYC121 texts to guileless first years in O-Week, then claiming the inability to process refunds due to “hackers shutting down the server and demanding a ransom in Bitcoin“.

61% of those who dropped the major report having already bought the required text for Introduction to Psychology 1, priced at $142.99.

Benji Whyte, ex-Psychology major from Weir House, wasn’t phased by the wasted money. “Oh it’s not too bad, Mum said she’d pay me back.”

The 2% of first years that are persevering with Psychology, and so necessarily with Statistics, have been described by their former classmates as “absolute madmen”.

1. You Are Not Your Illness
  2. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  3. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  4. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  5. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  6. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  7. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  9. Uni Council Corner
  10. Dylan Horrocks gets new job

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this