PSC: One Ocean

Talofa lava! Malo e lelei! Ni sa bula Vinaka! Kia Orana! Gud de tru olgeta! Malo Ni! Fakaalofa lahi atu! Mauri! Warm Pacific greetings!

Super late to the game, but a warm Pacific welcome to all our new and returning students. You’ve done yourself a solid by choosing the best university in NZ! So, congratulations! Whatever the obstacles you’ve faced, you’re here now, you’re back, and that’s all that matters. We know this year is going to be a great year! (Just speak it into existence!!)

Now you’re probably wondering who “we” are. Well, we are the Pasifika Students’ Council, a representative group for Pasifika students at VUW. We promote discussion and action ensuring Pasifika student issues are recognised and taken into account. We also do fancy things like organising social and cultural events for our students, to uphold our vibrant cultures and relationships.

This year we are very excited to oversee 10 different Pasifika Student Associations, some of which would provide a great opportunity for you to take part, whether to reconnect with your own culture, or learn about another! We promise, it will make your experience here at VUW a whole lot better. We have the Cook Islands Students’ Association, Fijian Students’ Association, Melanesian Students’ Association, Papua New Guinea Students’ Association, Pacific Island Commerce Students’ Association, Pacific Island Law Students’ Society, Samoan Students’ Association, Tokelau Students’ Association, Tongan Students’ Association, and the Tuvalu Students’ Association. Don’t be afraid to get in touch with one of these student associations or PSC, we don’t bite!

You can contact us via email — pasifikavuw@outlook.com or follow us on Facebook – Pasifika Students’ Council, Instagram – @psc.2018, or Snapchat – psc.vuw to keep up to date with our upcoming events. OR you can pop in to see us at Pasi Haos – 15 Mount Street (at the very bottom of the steep hill by the Student Union Building) and meet your executive for 2018!