April 16, 2018 | by  | in *News* |

A Useful Post Shocks Class Facebook Group Users

A class Facebook group was used productively in what has been described as a “shock move” by members.

Research conducted by Salient shows that 15% of posts in class Facebook groups could be answered by Google, 59% could be answered by looking at Blackboard, and 25.99 % are otherwise irrelevant to the course.

ENGL 115: Literature and Power has a Facebook group creatively titled ENGL 115 PEEPSSSSsss!!!. In an unprecedented move on 10 April 2018, the group was graced by a useful post.

ENGL 115 PEEPSSSSsss!!!’s dire trajectory changed when the most recent post was not Charina Smith’s “MLA is what i need but i haven’t started the essay, what do i do??”, but Hamin Park’s “Hey guys, I found these useful websites about how to analyse power differentials in literature, if you need a jumping off point for the assignment ‍♀️”.

Ralph Ryan, who lectures for ENGL 115, said “I don’t want to know [about the class Facebook group]. I’m just told to tell the class reps that it’s one of their responsibilities”.

“I was definitely surprised,” said Zakan Boyd, one of the class reps for ENGL 115. “[The post] has cleared my acne, restored my grades, and has brought some semblance of meaning to the class rep position”.

*Disclaimer: This is shit news.*