October 8, 2018 | by  | in *News* |

Bird of the Year 2018: What’s the Pecking Order?

New Zealand’s most anticipated election/reality show/meme war is back for another year, and it’s up to voters to decide who’s at the top of the pecking order. It’s the moa the merrier in 2018, with 61 birds to choose from.
Kererū appears to be at beak performance, leading the flock with over 2000 Facebook followers. Meanwhile, Albatross has been taking cheep shots at Kea. Pūkeko is calling fowl play. Kingfisher fancies himself next in line to the throne, but national icon Kiwi is convinced she rules the roost. Blue Duck refuses to fall between the quacks, still insisting he fits the bill.
Ruru is going owl out on her election campaign, and 2010 winner Kākāriki is green with envy. In a shocking tern of events, Takahē has taken to Twitter to let the world know that Kākāpō is a bad egg.
In owl seriousness, voting for Bird of the Year closes at 5pm on Sunday 14th October. The early bird catches the worm — vote today!

*Disclaimer: This is shit news*

1. SWAT: Nostalgia
  2. The Vines of Nostalgia
  3. Drawn In
  4. The Ugly Sneaker
  5. My Romanticised Oasis
  6. Issue 18 – Nostalgia
  7. Eye On the Exec
  8. Ihumātao, its Whakapapa, and why it isn’t Mana Whenua v Outsiders
  9. Telling People with EDs to “Just Eat”: Never worked, never will, and now we have more proof.
  10. Salient Writers Get to Nerd Out at Festival for the Future