October 1, 2018 | by  | in *News* |

International Enrolment Skyrockets

International student enrolments are at an all-time high, following the University’s decision to drop “Victoria” from its name. In just under a week, the number of international enrolments for next year has risen 341%, as students from Victoria Universities of Melbourne, Canada, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, and Uganda realised their mistake.
“I mean I just googled Victoria University and Melbourne was the first one that came up,” one prospective student told Salient. “I should have known something was up when I got there and I couldn’t find the tuatara, but I didn’t question it. I’m so glad the council cleared this up!”
Some are beginning to wonder if the name change was too effective — if student numbers continue to rise, will university infrastructure be able to cope? Extensions to new science block Te Toki a Rata are already in the works, while the former School of Art History, Classics and Religious Studies is being considered for new laboratory space. Work will begin as soon as contractors have finished repairing the library lifts, meaning large lectures will be held in Kelburn Park for the foreseeable future.
At least one confused VUW student has accidentally enrolled at Victoria University of Uganda.

*Disclaimer: This is shit news*

1. SWAT: Nostalgia
  2. The Vines of Nostalgia
  3. Drawn In
  4. The Ugly Sneaker
  5. My Romanticised Oasis
  6. Issue 18 – Nostalgia
  7. Eye On the Exec
  8. Ihumātao, its Whakapapa, and why it isn’t Mana Whenua v Outsiders
  9. Telling People with EDs to “Just Eat”: Never worked, never will, and now we have more proof.
  10. Salient Writers Get to Nerd Out at Festival for the Future