October 1, 2018 | by  | in Mauri Ora |

Mauri Ora

Student Health needs your help
Student Health provides approximately 40,000 appointments per year to over 12,000 students. We are always looking to enhance our service to you and use resources most effectively.
As we enter one of our busiest times of the year, there are a few things that you can do to help us provide the best care possible.
If you are on regular medications, please help us by organising a repeat prescription 3- 4 weeks ahead of when you need it. This allows us to prescribe safely and organise a face to face appointment if required. We can provide interim scripts if you run out, but they are not ideal and use valuable resources (including yours). We are putting in place nurse-led clinics with GP support which will help, so watch this space.

If you haven’t yet enrolled at Student Health, do so 2-3 weeks BEFORE you anticipate needing to be seen. This allows your notes to be transferred to us. Having access to this information means we can provide the best care for you during your first consultation.

Appointments are routinely scheduled for 15 minutes. If you feel your issue is complex (such as unstable emotional health) or you have a number of issues to discuss, please ask for a 30 minute slot. This way we can run on time, avoid disappointment, and provide safe, quality care.
Waiting times are frustrating and we’re working hard to minimise these. If you have an appointment, PLEASE DO ATTEND IT. If it is no longer required, call the cancellation line at least one hour before the time of your appointment. This allows us to use this for someone else, and also avoids you being charged the “DNA” (did not attend) fee of $18. Did you know there were more than 200 DNAs last month?

Small changes can make a HUGE difference.
Let’s work together to make things better.

10. International Queer in Review