PSC: One Ocean

PICSA (Pacific Island Commerce Students’ Association)’s theme for its inspirational and networking night was “weaving our future together”.
The main objective was to help inspire and empower current commerce students of Victoria University with Pasifika backgrounds. The night provided opportunities to engage and get amongst prominent Wellington employees, create spaces for attendees to kick start their careers, and also gauge current trends within diverse workplace practises.
This event was deliberately headed by three guest speakers who are experienced employees within their respected firms, in an attempt to provide exposure for our Pasifika students who will one day become leaders within the business industry. Also present at the event were other employees from firms such as the “Big Four”, and past commerce graduates which helped set the tone of what to expect during the event. Speaking with a few commerce students at the end of the event and receiving some unexpected positive feedback was refreshing and helpful in terms of planning our associations final two events.

1. SWAT: Nostalgia
  2. The Vines of Nostalgia
  3. Drawn In
  4. The Ugly Sneaker
  5. My Romanticised Oasis
  6. Issue 18 – Nostalgia
  7. Eye On the Exec
  8. Ihumātao, its Whakapapa, and why it isn’t Mana Whenua v Outsiders
  9. Telling People with EDs to “Just Eat”: Never worked, never will, and now we have more proof.
  10. Salient Writers Get to Nerd Out at Festival for the Future