February 25, 2019 | by  | in VUWSA |

Presidential Address

Tēnā koe, talofa lava, bula, namaste, assalamualaikum and a big, fat what’s good!

My name is Tam—I’m the President of VUWSA. Starting uni, students get overloaded with information, so I’ll keep it simple: VUWSA is the organisation that represents students here at Victoria—kinda like head boy/head girl students. We do a whole bunch of good ish.

• We make sure that every class at uni has a class rep – the class rep passes info between the lecturers and the class so that everyone is on the same page, and so that everyone gets the most out of their learning experience.
  • We provide mean services like community pantry, free menstrual products and free bus passes. We wanna make your time at uni as chill as possible.
  • We run O Week and heaps of other events.
  • We tackle the big issues facing our student community—within the uni, within Wellington, and within Aotearoa. We are particularly passionate about sexual violence prevention, improving and maintaining students’ mental wellbeing, and we’re gearing up to shake up the local body elections this year.

It’s hard to summarise all the good mahi we do in one page—so chuck us a follow on our social media to keep up with all the things above and more:

FB: VUWSA – Victoria University of Wellington Students’ Association

IG: @vuwsagram

Twitter: @vuwsa

Website: vuwsa.org.nz

You can find our bright green office on the floor above Hunter Lounge, the bar where O-Week is based this year. COME THRU if you need anything—you are always welcome!

Ngā mihi & lots of love from your big brothers and sisters at VUWSA x

7. International Queer in Review
  8. Rostra’s Hot Takes – Queerlient
  9. Issue 14 – Queerlient
  10. Interview with Claudia Jardine