April 9, 2019 | by  | in *News* |

VUW Student Appealing Fail Grade after Forgetting to go to exam

Local politics student, Savid Deymour, has publicly declared his desire to contest a fail grade after he forgot to attend the assessment.

The assessment on April 2 required a credible attempt to pass. Passing in itself was a terms requirement.

On that basis, Deymour’s complete failure to even enter the room in which the test was being held constituted a fail.

The test for the 100-level politics course was reportedly on the basics of Parliamentary procedure. Another student in the course, Ghalriz Gohraman, told ^Salient that it was one of the easiest assessments in the course.

Gohraman, who also studies human rights law at VUW, added that the date and time of the assessment was made clear weeks in advance in a lecture Deymour attended.

“I know because he always sits by himself in the front seats trying to challenge the lecturer every thirty seconds.”

Deymour apparently missed the test as he was too busy telling all his mates how he was “going to absolutely nail” the assessment, outside the room in which it was to take place.

“I mean he was literally standing right outside as we were going in,” said Gohraman.

Angered that he was unable to follow clearly defined rules, Deymour is attempting to not only appeal the F grade, but to have it upgraded to an A+.

“It’s just an example of Marxist bias against right wing thinkers in this country,” Deymour told ^Salient.

^Salient understands that VUW may carry the appeal just to get Deymour to “stop fucking talking”.

1. Dirty Money, Clean Woman
  2. Dear Nathaniel
  3. The Social Lives of Group Chats
  4. We Don’t Do Vegetables
  5. Invisible Women: Exposing Data Bias in a World Designed for Men
  6. Audit – Law Revue
  7. The Last Supper: VUW and VUWSA on KJ
  8. VUW’s Own Gloria Fraser Develops Queer Mental Health Resources
  9. Issue 21 – Default
  10. Biophilic buildings— ‘The living pā’ complex